2005 At a Glance...

Well, It's almost here... a whole new year! But Since It's still a couple of hours away I thought I would Post a few highlights from 2005.
Personally, I think I learned more about myself and my art in 2005. January started off with a huge bang! I booked (and shot) more weddings this year than I had anticipated.
February...The month of love! (need I say more?)
In March, Josiah turned two! I still can't believe how much he has grown!
April, May and June were stressful times for us as we were contiplating a relocation. In the midst of all this this was the height of the wedding season so I was super busy!
July and August was a huge blur to me. Somehow I managed to pack up all our belongings, search for a new home, close on the house, move in, and settle in. Whew! That's a lot to say! I kept all of my appointments booked which meant a lot of drive time! I did all of that and kept my sanity!! (well, most of it anyway)!
In September life started settling down for us again but wow! God really had a huge blessing for us waiting in Lufkin! We had such a peace about being right where God wanted us! Our pastor and his wife are such a blessing to our family. Aaron fits in with the church staff perfectly. I am having so much fun fixing up the house and, the kids just adore "Jessi" the mutt we adopted a few weeks after moving here.
Then...Katrina struck! So much devastation in so little time! I was beyond impressed at how our church sprang into action! I was so proud to be a part of a body of people that were so selfless and compassionate! Aaron was at the church from the time he awoke until late, late, at night..I mostly only saw him through sleepy eyes as he kissed me before he dozed off but man, I was so proud to be his wife!
Not long after that another hurricane blew through named Rita. This one however was closer to home! I went to Walmart 4 days before it was expected to hit and stocked up on all the emergency gear we would need but nothing prepared me emotionally for that night. As I layed in bed trying my hardest to drown out the sound of gail force winds and trees snapping like toothpicks, I prayed. Even as I dozed in and out I would singing songs in my heart to God about his shelter, love and grace. About 2 am we all decided to camp out in the den since it was the most central spot of our home and the massive pine trees where falling down all around us. At 3 am our electricity went out and didn't return for about 8 days. We were lucky though, we had no major damage to our home but as we drove the neighborhood in our car we saw many homes had trees toppled over onto them and onto the cars. The next week was an emotional trainwreck for me. We tried to tough out the heat in our home but the babies were just miserable. A great friend allowed us to stay at his bachelor pad. He lives just behind the hospital so his electricity had been restored. He didn't mind us as he was camped out at the church with the evacuees. We all made it through that ordeal! My heart still breaks for those who lost so much in 2005.
November was great! We had so much to be thankful for! We spent lunch pigging out on our pastors wife's home baked goods then dinner with our children's pastor's and their family! I was so grateful that they allowed us to celebrate with them.
Then came the Christmas season which took a long time really fast! It seemed to crawl until the last few days that speed away! It was a really nice Christmas..You can read all about it in my last post.
Whoa! I didn't mean to write a novel! Well that was a look at our 2005 in a glance! I know this year will be even more eventful! I have so many things to look forward to.
"Give Thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home