{shadowlands}
This morning I was able to hook back up with my running buddy after a small vacation of about 7 days. We decided to meet a little later than normal since the kids are out of school now and we don't have the morning rush to blow through. As I woke and quietly walked into the dining room where I set out my running duds as to not wake anyone else, I passed by my kitchen window (above). It was awkward because usually as I go to run it's still dark out to start off and I'm always a bit bummed I'm not sleeping off the dark. But this glorious light was pouring through my curtains and invited me to bring on the day. I couldn't help it I had to grab my camera and capture the light and the shadows... i snapped a quick shot and ran out to meet Juli.
After I struggled through the morning trot, noting to myself that it's easier to make myself go everyday than trying to come back full strength after taking a break...lungs get lazy!! I decided to head up to the Y to top off my workout with a bit of weights. But before I did, I downloaded a few extra i-tunes to give me some motivation. of course I had to get some Beyonce because well...you know those songs just make your feet move. I chose "Crazy in Love". Then I checked out Rebbecca St James' new CD...love it! I picked a few loaded them into the little pink i pod and jetted. When i got there I passed right by the weights and went straight for the cycle. My legs want to torcher me today! LOL! I sat right down and began pedaling in the cross country mode. I started my new tunes up and the 1st one to play was a Rebecca St james "Shadowlands"...I've included the lyrics below..... man..This one hit me hard in the gut. I closed my eyes tightly and pedalled through the tears as I thought how awesome God is and how He chose to speak to me this morning through the light and shadows of my kitchen window and some I-tunes. God is Good!
"Shadowlands" Rebecca St James
You promised me
That You’d never leave
Or let me go
You promised me
That You’d love me through
The highs and lows
You promised me
You promised me
You won’t give me more
Than I can bear
You promised me
That when I cry out
That You’d be there
The shadowlands are what I know
The shadowlands are what I know
So I’m hanging on to Your every word
The shadowlands surround me now
But You walk with me through the cloud
Into the sun
Into the sun
You promised me
You promised me
If I sow in tears
I’ll reap in joy
You promised me
That You will breathe life
Into my soul
I know it’s true
I know it’s true
All that You say
I believe in You
And I am standing on
The promises You’ve made
You promised me and I believe
You promised me and I believe


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home