Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!!







I hope you had a nice first day of the year! We went to church this morning and the service was incredible! God showed up mightily today. At one point Pastor began to give an altar call towards forgiveness and repentance and I felt prompted to go to the altar. Not that I have major sin in my life I just really felt like last year went a billion miles per hour and I wanted to start the new year off fresh and with my priorities straight. So I am at the altar repenting for not always putting God first in 2005 and vowing to keep him #1 in 2006 when pastor leads us in the salvation prayer. I was so caught up in the spirit that I never even heard the rest of what the altar call was for before I headed down there! LOL! Can you imagine what all of the church people thought..."See that youth pastors' wife is she just getting saved?"! When pastor instructed us at the altar to follow the councelors out for some one on one I quickly made a U turn and found myself right in Darcy's arms. I am sure I was pink in the face because I adore and admire this powerful woman of God and here she might be thinking I am just getting saved. She gently put her arms around my neck and we both began to weep as God gave her a word of knowledge for me. Turns out God knew I needed to hear something so he obstructed my hearing that the call to the altar was for salvation. So I got to start the year off with a bit of humility and an awesome promise from God! Darcy mentioned getting together once a week. I hope we do! I have been wanting to ask her to mentor me but have never worked up the nerve. Oh! Oh! And you should have seen Aaron white as a ghost after service asking "honey, you were saved before that alter call right?' I laughed out loud!

Here are a few of my resolutions!

#1 Read my bible and have quiet time everyday no exceptions! I am going to be reading through the bible in a year and will post the guidelines in the right column if you want to join in!

#2 Start a picture a day! (excluding Sundays...The day of rest!) This is going to be so much fun! I am not sure If I will be including them here of not.

#3 Fufill my continued to Aaron by doing this workout regimen with him. (Yuck!)

That's all!

[I love how the pictures above turned out...I am thinking of having one gallery wrapped on canvas BIG and hanging it above my bed...Only I can't decide which version I like better]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home