My advice for beginners...

The following is a comment someone left recently on my old blog. I love when people leave comments! It let's me know someone is listening! Anyway, actually get a lot of emails from people just starting out and most of them ask what my advice would be for a beginner. I always reply the same. Here is her commentthst she left on my blog and then my return email to her:
Hi Dejah, I found your website through "shuttermom". I love your photos and I love to see how you share the word of God on your website. I see you are a believer and it's good to know that there are other believers out there trying to make a difference... Like you, I love photography and so does my husband. I did some photos (at the beach)for a friend of mine last year and everybody loved them! So I began doing more shots here and there just for fun. So my husband and I started thinking about it seriously... We have bought some equipment and we are praying about going into business... It's something we both like and enjoy doing together. Would you have some advice for beginners??? It was going to be nice to hear from a pro... Keep up the good work!!
Hi there!
I just noticed you left a comment on my blog. I actually have been using a newer blog http://www.dejahquinn.blogspot.com/ so I haven't checked that old one in almost a month.
As for advice to beginners I would say to shoot for the moon! I believe that we don't just stumble on these things then become passionate about them. I believe that God places the passion in us before we are even born. I feel so blessed that He allows me to do something that I am totally in love with!
Keep a healthy balance! It is so hard to remember that there are other things besides photography when that's all that is on your mind. Scripture tells us that we are to take our thoughts captive. In that same verse it also says we should cast down imaginations. (2 Corinthians 10:5) It's good to dream, but remember to keep your priorities straight!
Oh and one my husband taught me.....Hope big and Hope out loud!! I was one of those that thought my hopes were foolish and not even worth talking about. Then I was shown the scripture that says hope deferred makes the heart sick. (Proverbs 13:12_. I was making myself miserable by deferring my own hopes and dreams! So be sure and share your wildest dreams with someone who will encourage them and help you to obtain them!
Always help those who aren't as fortunate as you are! I actually gave my very first camera to a college student who was enrolled in photography school but didn't have a camera. It was a huge sacrifice because I had an emotional attachment to it but God saw my sacrifice and blessed me too!
Take care!
Dejah
Don't worry I added a picture....I will surely cry the day My baby says she is too old for tutu's! This a lime colored one I recently made to show to a client. Jadyn wore it to church over her blue jeans the other night and everyone thought she was adorable! She asked Nana (pastor's wife) if she wanted mommy to make her a lime green one so they could match! LOL It was too funny!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home