Deadlines!!

Valentine's Day was a whirl! The kids both had parties and came home with enough candy for a small state. I am not sure when the sugar high will end but I hope it is soon! I have been entirely too busy. This morning I woke up fixed breakfast (in my pj's) and after we ate I snuggled on the couch in the den with the kids for over and hour. It was so nice!
God has really been speaking to me this week. I am learning things about myself I had over looked for so long. Now, I am not one to air my dirty laundry but I want to share one thing God is dealing with me about because I got to thinking "HMMM...I wonder how many people do this to themselves?" WHAT you say.....I am talking about self imposed deadlines. I know I am not the only one who sets for myself these impractical deadlines. I am talking about feeling like you have to hurry up and get something done or you are a failure at it. I have done this for so long that I thought it was good for me, nothing more than a healthy drive. Why is it that we as women think we need to be all and do all, and have all? Philippians 4:11 says "For I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am." This is has been a tough one for me to swallow. There are so many deep desires in my heart. Things I want to accomplish as a wife, a mother, a daughter of God, a photographer, a woman. Slowly but surely I am coming out of this habit of feeling such urgency to do them all now. It's sort of like when I was in track I Jr high. At the track meet we would get on our marks...Get set... And BANG the gun would fire and off we went as fast as we could towards the finish line tackling each hurdle as we came upon it. The thing about the start of those races is that we get on our marks and ready, almost aching to go so we can prove our ability. But I also remember if we got too anxious and took off too early, before the gun sounded we were were automatically disqualified with no chance of winning that race. I think Oswald Chambers had it right as he spoke this quote I love so much! "There is only one Being Who can satisfy the last aching abyss of the human heart, and that is the Lord Jesus Christ.-Oswald Chambers
I am thankful to God for all the gifts, desires, abilities, and callings, He has placed within my heart. I am willing to wait for God to sound the BANG in each race he has placed me in. And I pray for the ability to let God carry me over the hurdles instead of tirelessly trying them on my own. I will give God all of the glory for each race won and patiently wait until he calls me to the next race instead of setting them up for myself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home