Friday, April 28, 2006

Rebuilding "Me"


Lately, I am having trouble finding a balance! Now that the kids are actually old enough to entertain each other (safely) and now that I am working and also able to get back to helping Aaron with the youth ministry some I am really struggling! How do those women work full time jobs, look like barbie dolls, have gorgeous sparkling clean children, a tidy house that smells like fresh baked bread do it??? And on top of all that they seem to have satisfied husbands and sound spiritual lives?? I'm telling you I feel like I am running after a mirage! Is is fake? I am really going through some things right now and don't feel as though I can see the end clearly. I feel like I am trying to build "me" working freverently piling brick upon brick and when I am actually making progress a strong wind blows and knocks them all down. Will my structure ever be built? Yes! I know it will! I also know that there is rest for the weary and that God can get me to the place where I feel at peace and comfort. I just need to discipline myself. I don't know how to properly stack the bricks..Some days I put too many on one side causing my structure to falter. I was doing really good for a while and making some major progress and them BAM!! Back to square one! You see for as long as I can remember I have struggled with day to day activities. I fight getting out of bed in the morning. I fight getting showered (even though I loathe feeling unclean). Everyday basics seem like huge tasks to me...Yet the "big jobs" I could sit and work at all day and find enjoyment in. I don't know why I am like this. I HATE it! Now, before you go thinking I just sit around all day in my pj's smelly and neglecting my responsibilities think again! I get things done...I just dread doing them! Could this be a generational curse? I'm not sure? I don't know what it is. I am not depressed. Could it be how I raised? I don't ever remember being on any kind of regimen or schedule. Could be. I haven't any idea all I know is there are times when I can push myself out of this hole and set a schedule for myself and follow it but one minor change in the routine sets me back to the "old me". For instance, a little while back I set a routine wrote it down and all. I was to get up early work out then have my quiet time, shower and dress and wake up the kids fix breakfast etc. I was up early and excited! i feel so charged when I exercise! I also love when I have my quiet time early in the morning when the kids are still sleeping as oppose to trying to get a few interrupted minutes here and there throughout the day. Well, if you read a few posts down then you know my sleeping habits...Or should I say my waking habits? Anyway, one night of being up more than I was down and the "schedule" flew out the door! Throw a few sick kids in the mix and a whole month has passed with no structured regimen. So It takes like 21 days to form a habit huh? I guess I just reinforced my old ways in that month. Now I am back to taking baby steps so I can rebuild me!! Anyway, I didn't mean to ramble on about me...I actually had a really sweet story about the kiddos but now it's late and I am tired. Maybe tomorrow.
If you would just pray for me! I could really use it this week.

I am adding a picture Jadyn took of me about two weeks ago. That day I sat down and added some words to the brick. These are the bricks I'd like to build upon.

3 Comments:

Blogger MagicSprinkles said...

Dejah, reading your comments was like reading my very mind! Funny how someone clear across the country that you don't even know can have such identical feelings and frustrations and "scheduling" issues especially when it comes to a night with a lack of sleep! We will both get thru it....its just so comforting to know there are others out there dealing with similar feelings and frustrations!
(Oh, I am on Skye's forum, that is how I found your blog in case you are wondering!) I will keep you in my prayers! Oh, and I LOVED your contest entry!!!!!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Renea Lynch said...

Thinking of you!!! Keeping you in my prayers!!! Now get out of your stinky PJ's and do something that makes YOU feel good!!!!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Renea Lynch said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Now get out of your stinky PJ's and do something that makes YOU feel good! ;)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home